These are not meant to be used with water or washed!
Items you’ll need:
Acrylic craft paint of your choice, you may mix colors
Paint brush for each paint color
Damp paper towel
Make sure the inside of the vase is clean and dry!
Apply a generous amount of paint inside the Vase.
Slowly tilt and turn the vase to cover the inside of the glass.
When you reach the lip of the vase, use a paint brush to neatly apply the paint.
Remove any extra paint.
Items you’ll need:
Small paint brush (I used a foam one)
Mix 1 tsp of glue, 3 drops food coloring, and 1 1/2 tsp of water.
Brush mixture onto the outside of the glass.
Simple. Find an old shutter, paint, and hang.
Rit Liquid Dye — Your choice. (you can mix to get the right color)
White Switch Wallplates, made of unbreakable nylon
Measuring Cup & Measuring Spoons
Small, Shallow 2-Cup Dyeing Container
Spoon for stirring dye
Plastic Table Cover
Note: Make sure that the switch wallplates are made of nylon. Wallplates are available in other materials, but only nylon can be dyed.
1. Choose your colors or custom colors from the ColoRit Color Formula Guide.
2. Cover your work surface with a plastic table cover.
3. Wash the switch wallplates in warm soapy water.
4. Shake all dye bottles just before measuring dye amounts needed.
5. Pour 1 cup very hot water (at least 140°F) into small shallow container. If water is not hot enough, heat some in the microwave or in a tea kettle. Wearing rubber gloves, measure dye needed, following the recipe in the Color Formula guide. Add to the water; stir well.
6. Immerse the switch wallplate and screws into the dye mixture. Allow the switch plate and screws to soak in the dye solution for 1-10 minutes. Check the switch plate often in natural light to see how the color is progressing.
7. Once complete remove from dye and dry. The switch plate will be slightly darker when it dries completely.